The benefits of summer reading programming for children:
- Children are motivated to read.
- Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
- Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
- Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
- Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
Putting together a cohesive summer reading program for elementary aged children does not need to be complicated. The CSLP manual provides everything you need to create a fun and successful program, including excellent program ideas, book and music lists, crafts, Internet resources, and much more.